First of all, before diving deep into the topic let us understand what is a backlink and why it is important in Seo?
Backlinks can make a huge impact on our rankings on search engine result page but the process of building backlinks needs to be carefully done because one bad backlink can change the whole story and can even bring your rankings down to a great extent.
A backlink is a link which one website gets from another website in order to increase the chances of visibility on top position in search engine result page. Most importantly the backlinks that we make should come from natural sources and should not be manipulated to increase your ranking or to increase the number of backlinks on your site.
Moreover, you should never pay for getting a backlink as it is not an ethical practice and you can even be penalized for doing the same. For eg:- A website which deals in apparels should get a backlink from the blog that writes about fashion because this is the most appropriate way to build backlinks because anytime quality is preferred over quantity so your focus should always be on building quality backlinks for your site. Hence it is very important to know what are the various types of backlinks to avoid any obstacles in your link building process.
1. Natural Backlinks:-When someone links to your content naturally that means you don't have to clink them to give you a backlink are called natural backlinks. Building these backlinks is one of the most appropriate and vitreous methods that help in boosting your rankings on search engine result and it is extensively used in the SEO industry, so instead of building thousands of backlinks that are of no use, we should concentrate on getting natural links.
2. Social Bookmarking:- Earlier SEO was about building a number of links but in recent years the process has been changed as the competition has been increased and social media has emerged as a great platform to drive real traffic to your website which and helps in achieving high ranking in SERP so to ensure that we build social bookmarking links.
3. Blog Linking:- Linking to blogs that provides information on the same niche is also one of the most effective and adequate ways to build a link as nowadays everyone searches online for their queries and if the particular audience or visitor is interested in getting the information then they are going to definitely visit your site through the blog. To make it more clear let's understand with the help of an example:-
Suppose there is a website X that deals in pet supplies and you came to a blogging site that provides all the necessary information on pets so you will link to that site.
4. Article Links:- A link that is inserted in an article is known as article links, these are the most important links as the link provides a great value to your site and fetch more traffic than any other type of link but they are very time consuming as you have to create a unique piece of article for every posting and insert all the keywords in article which is a tedious task but don't forget that it brings the great authority to your site hence it is worth investing your time and resources.
5.Comments and Review:- As people search for their queries online likewise they also want to give a review of the content that they are reading, so some people leave their link in the comment or review section so that when other people come across that section they see your comment and get landed on your website.
6. Guest Blogging:- Guest blogging is similar to article submission but the major difference is that you need to submit the article on the site which belongs to your niche and you need to meet certain requirements of the site on which you are guest posting and its necessary to meet all their guidelines, moreover the quality of the content should be exquisite in order to post content on guest blogging sites.